The length of course is four years.
One of the main career paths followed by graduates of the Degree in History is undoubtedly teaching. However, a considerable number of graduates also find professional employment in other fields, such as:
• Research: students can collaborate with research teams who will introduce them to historical research and give guidance on current possibilities in research practice.
• Professional archaeology: students will receive a theoretical and practical training that will equip them to pursue activities such as professional archaeology. They will also have the opportunity to participate in archaeological research in Spain and other European countries.
• Museums: students will obtain a basic training related to museology practices. They will also be able to undertake work experience in several museums in León.
• Cultural management: Society demands versatile professionals capable of undertaking cultural management projects from an interdisciplinary perspective. The Degree in History provides students with a grounding in this type of professional practice.
• Private companies: Private companies increasingly require professionals with the ability to generate independent and effective
knowledge about the past and present of complex social groups.
The Degree in History provides students with specialist training in this field.