Bachelor in Animal Management
- The Sparsholt College
- Types of study:
- Knowledge area:
- Business, Marketing y RRII
- On Campus
- 3 Years
- EU: 9.250€ / Overseas: 9.800£
Non European student
Work placements offer opportunities to gather data for the dissertation project which is submitted at Level six
WHY CHOOSE THIS DEGREE?
- Benefit from a diverse and exciting collection of animals in our BIAZA-member centre
- Develop strong scientific knowledge in key biological sciences, biochemistry, vertebrate anatomy and physiology
- Gain robust data analysis and research skills needed for employment through project work and assessments
- Build vital experience through practical handling skills, extensive work placements and strong links with industry
What will I learn?
The programme is designed to combine knowledge and research techniques in aspects of animal welfare and behaviour, animal collections management and wildlife management. Work placements are a key feature and benefit from the College’s strong links with a variety of management organisations. Some students choose to do their work experience overseas, with recent placements including Shamwari Conservation experience in South Africa and working in Turtle Conservation in Costa Rica. More locally, students have learnt from Colchester Zoo, Marwell Wildlife, Dogs Trust, Bird World, Wild Futures, Welsh Mountain Zoo, Beale Park, HART Wildlife rescue, Paradise Park, RSPCA and Living Forest. Employability is a focus of the final year, with the opportunity to research, investigate, explore, and then gain experience in, a specific career area of your choice.
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life