Master in Communication and Sports Journalism
- Escuela Universitaria Real Madrid
- Types of study:
- Knowledge area:
- Communication, Advertising and Journalism
- On Campus
- Spanish, English
- 60 ECTS
- 9 Months
Non European student
You can learn key aspects of production of sport media
- Become a multi-platform sports journalist in our practically-focused Program
- The Master in Communication and Sports Journalism teaches what sports journalism is about and how it works, by analysing how the industry’s professional and social dimension has evolved nationally and internationally
- The Master program trains students in journalistic work covering areas such as print journalism, televisión and radio
The Master in Communication and Sports Journalism teaches what sports journalism is about and how it works, by analysing how the industry’s professional and social dimension has evolved nationally and internationally, including its legal and economic aspects. The Master program trains students in journalistic work covering areas such as:
- Print journalism. Here key aspects of print and digital sports media production are dealt with acting according to the code of ethics of the journalism profession.
- Television and sport. Here methods and specific techniques are shown for televised coverage of sports events, along with how to produce specialised content for scheduling a channel or any other audiovisual platform.
- Sports radio. The use of technology in developing journalistic content in the world of sports is explored in depth. Oral presentation and radio commentating on relaying sports events is also dealt with.
- It involves actual contact with the profession. Placements are spent at Real Madrid matches and at the Club’s facilities.
- Its training staff has proven experience in the industry.
- It equips students to perform their work (photographic cameras, video cameras, editing rooms, radio studios, television studios etc.).
- Work placements are spent with the club’s own media, such as Real Madrid TV, press offices, the communications department or the Real Madrid Foundation.
Learning is an experience. Everything else is just information